Thursday, October 13, 2022

Authority?


Alam mo po Mr. Cruzado, the bible like any other religious book has no authority over those that don't believe its contents. Parang ganito...

Whatever is written in the Bhagavad Gita, stays in the Bhagavad Gita. Maaaring makapulot ako ng mga good moral lessons that I can use on my everyday life pero hindi ako affected ng stories na nakasaad sa mga pages ng Gita, unless ofcoure I have a very keen interest with the lives of those people in the time the Gita was being written.

The same with your bible po. There are good stories, irrational narratives, and ancient superstitions found in the pages of the bible. Maybe if I have an interest in the study of ancient Semitic culture, but mas interested ako sa ancient Egyptians than ancient Hebrews po eh.  But just like any other old book, I criticize the folly, inconsistencies, and errors of the bible. If this book is "inspired" by a god as the writers of Timothy imagined, obviously they were worshiping an ignorant god.  Sabi ko nga, it's a hobby.

By the way, I was born in the 20th Century po so I am more into the democratic system of government po, not on some ancient "Might Is Right" tribal form of leadership so I'm not really into this uh, "Lord is commanding me." bullshit. Hindi po ako nakatira sa serf and I don't have any so-called "Lord" commanding me what to do.  

No comments: